Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Homemade Honey Mustard Dip

I've started to notice, how the pleasantries of my grandfather's generation have transformed since his time: writing letters to far away friends, welcoming new neighbors in with a plate of cookies, even sitting around sharing printed photographs - technology has certainly changed the way we live. With each new discovery there is opportunity to make the next generation grow. In this way, it's so important to remember those traditions and reconnect with the nostalgia of their time. My 87 year old neighbor shared this tasty honey mustard recipe with me, after she sent some over as a holiday gift. And since it's so quick and easy to make, I think I'll pass it along to you. No matter how times change, we'll always find ways to come together to exchange and share our lives. I hope you can enjoy this little bit I've here to share with you!

Ingredients
1 Tsp. Cold Water
1 1/2 Tbsp. Sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. Vinegar
4 Tbsp. Ground (Dry) Mustard
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 1/2 Tbsp. Honey

Mix the first four ingredients. 
Then, blend with mayonnaise. 
Then add honey (more can be added to taste).

No comments:

Post a Comment